Art Nouveau Panther Pendant on wooden neck

Started by nachoriesco, October 14, 2016, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nachoriesco

Hi All!, this is a new remder of an old model with a new composition. All sculpted with Zbrush as usual. hope you like it!

TpwUK

It's another great render Nacho, somehow though I find myself admiring the texture work on the bust rather than the jewellery piece, it could just be me though :)

Martin

NM-92

Quote from: TpwUK on October 14, 2016, 01:42:23 PM
It's another great render Nacho, somehow though I find myself admiring the texture work on the bust rather than the jewellery piece, it could just be me though :)

Martin

Happened to me also. The bust looks amazing and somehow is taking most of the attention on the image. Other than that, this is an excellent image.

nachoriesco

hahaha that's why you're Keyshot guys!  ;), but yes this time has been more a texturing exercise that a jewelry piece rendering

Finema

as the colleagues my eye directly went on the wooden bust  ;D
can you tell us more about this material ?

nachoriesco

Sure! It's a quite simple settings here  is an screen grab, just a texture applied on the surface, even without any UV mapping

Texture is from CGTextures: http://www.textures.com/download/plywoodold0097/77734

Finema

Speedster

I think the wood is fantastic, and an excellent display fixture for jewelry.  But I think our eye is drawn to it rather than the pendant because the pendant needs a lot more "kick" and visual focus.  To me it looks a bit dull, and rather dark.

So maybe pull one render as is, with a clown, and then really focus on the lighting and environment for the pendant.  Then comp the two renderings, using this for the wood.

I think that would do the trick!  And I am SO jealous of you Zbrushers! 

Bill G

nachoriesco

Thanks for your comment Bill, you're right, but this time didn't want to display the pendant, this render is more focused on the bust texturing work.

I made this only for the pendant: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=11803.msg57699#msg57699