Main Menu

angel

Started by evilmaul, October 16, 2016, 08:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

Not sure if she is one :P

havent got around to do much lately. here is just render test for some marble like material on a recent sculpture.

cheers

Finema

Hi
The model is great but we don't see the marble render  :o

nachoriesco

Marble metaerial is relly cool, is it already on the materials library? or KS cloud?

Speedster

You have to see it at full resolution to appreciate the marble.

Marco is a skilled "real" marble sculptor, having created his own work at famous carving studios in Italy.  So he knows what marble looks like.  I can't imagine a material more difficult to emulate in KeyShot than marble!

That being said, I've been studying some pieces by my mom, who was a noted portrait artist.  My only comments are that I would like to see it "whiter", and "warmer", rather than in the grey tones, likely a product of the lighting.  The micro-crystalline structure of marble is very subtle, but also very obvious.  So maybe also a tad more translucency?   Especially obvious in the ear lobes and nostrils.  And a satin-smooth finish is common, but I feel it needs a tad more specularity to hit the high spots and give her depth.

Looking forward to more tweaks on this, as the sculpt is a masterpiece that we always expect from Marco's modeling.

Bill G

Finema

Quote from: Speedster on October 17, 2016, 08:51:33 AM
You have to see it at full resolution to appreciate the marble.
oups... yes it's better  ;)

TpwUK

That first image is stellar Marco

Martin

bdesign

Absolutely beautiful, Marco.

Eric

Josh3D

Love this. The expression and your ability to capture it is simply beautiful.

evilmaul

thanks guys for your comments.
And yes this is not there yet hence I called it test!
The cool look is definitely from the lighting and  as far a translucency goes it can definitely go a tad higher. Polishand therefore spec..that is really up to what kind of finish you do on a piece. I 'll def keep on working on it in the spare time.

cheers!