Interior test renders (WIP)

Started by Artvps, October 17, 2016, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artvps

Looking at using Keyshot for interior renders. I am still working on how to get better natural, and artificial light...as well as textures etc.
Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

TpwUK

Well I feel that these shots are pretty darn good actually. I was hoping to get some interiors done this year but sadly other stuff has taken over, but I would have been proud if had gotten these kinds of results ... They're smashing :)

Martin

Artvps

Quote from: TpwUK on October 17, 2016, 11:13:32 AM
Well I feel that these shots are pretty darn good actually. I was hoping to get some interiors done this year but sadly other stuff has taken over, but I would have been proud if had gotten these kinds of results ... They're smashing :)

Martin
Thank you very much Martin...I am still trying to get my head around keyshot  :)

TpwUK

No probs, BDesign posted some research results with using HDRi as an interior light source and other methods for improving lighting. Have you read his post ?

Martin

Artvps

Quote from: TpwUK on October 17, 2016, 11:42:21 AM
No probs, BDesign posted some research results with using HDRi as an interior light source and other methods for improving lighting. Have you read his post ?

Martin
No I haven't read this post...do you have a link to it?
Thanks again Martin.

TpwUK

Quote from: Artvps on October 17, 2016, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: TpwUK on October 17, 2016, 11:42:21 AM

Martin
No I haven't read this post...do you have a link to it?
Thanks again Martin.

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13204.0

Martin

NM-92

Hello Artvps. Are you using a totally enclosed environment to do this ? I tried to make a hallway using physical lights on the inside but somehow that killed my fps count to the point i could barely move or rotate the scene. Can you share your full geometry view ? They look awesome btw, that's why i'm asking :D

Artvps

Quote from: NM-92 on October 18, 2016, 05:31:24 AM
Hello Artvps. Are you using a totally enclosed environment to do this ? I tried to make a hallway using physical lights on the inside but somehow that killed my fps count to the point i could barely move or rotate the scene. Can you share your full geometry view ? They look awesome btw, that's why i'm asking :D

Hi NM-92 and thank you for your comments.
Other than the windows you can see in the first two renders, yes it's an enclosed room set.
The third render also has a patio door to the left of the scene...just out of shot.
In the first two renders I am looking to simulate an evening look, whilst in the third render I am looking to simulate natural daylight.
Is this what you wanted to see from the geometry?

Thanks again

NM-92

Yes ! Thank you very much. I'll try adding some door or window to the hallway to test the performance. A totally enclosed space isn't working for me.

Artur

Hello,

Are you willing to share the .KSP file for further analysis on the lightning scheme?

Thanks in advance.