Westworld wax bath...impressive

Started by MaloneXI, October 27, 2016, 03:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaloneXI

Hi all,

As much of us , I'm starting the new TV show , Westworld.  I was surprised about the look of the laboratory , where cyborgs are made.

A picture  especially gets my attention. This one :

I was wondering if there was any meaning to obtain such a milky-was material.

I tried to do it with the wax material , param at 100 of translucense, but ...That's certainly not the best choice I had...

That's my scene. So you could understand I'm wanting such a milky material... With the translucent one , I thought we could see the mesh under the surface ...but it doesn't work...

If someone could help...

Thanx a lot !

Esben Oxholm

Hi Malone.
Couldn't get any useful results with the translucent material either... not saying it can't be done, though.

However, I managed to create a material somewhat like what you are referring to using the advanced material. See result and material settings below.

Hope it helps.
Best,

MaloneXI

Thanx a lot for your answer , I'll give a try in few minutes , I'm at work lol

MaloneXI

My tests are nos as good as I expected to...
Your idea to cheat the effect discribed in my first post is a good idea...But so bad that Keyshot doesn't get the same options of 3DS Max for the SSS...

I'll fidn another way to get what I want :) Thanx anyway !

INNEO_MWo

I just played with this idea. And here's my (not perfect) result.

I had some problems to split the mesh and reduce the size, to upload this scene. So I replaced the sculpture (from threedscans.com) with the material ball.

MaloneXI

Ok , thanx a lot ,

I tried your material, but it doesn't seem to work properly , maybe because of my lighting setup ...

Thanx a lot anyway , that could be a good base to get this effect.