Link between Rhino 5 x64 and Keyshot doesn't work

Started by octav1an, November 06, 2016, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octav1an

Dear all,
Few days ago I downloaded the Keyshot and the Plugin for Rhino. I really liked it, however there is an issue with the live link between Rhino 5 64 bit version and Keyshot6 64bit. When I press the Render in rhino, Keyshot app is launching, but nothing is imported. When I select the geometry and press Update it just opens Keyshot in another window. Although on 64bit Rhino it does not work, on 32 bit everything is ok. I have enabled Live Linking at the port range of 3141-3151. I tried launching Rhino and Keyshot with and without admin rights and no result. I also reinstalled the plugin for rhino one more time, and loaded it several times, still no result. I am out of ideas. Did someone experienced something similar? Thank You.
Best,
Octavian.

TpwUK

Just thoughts here as I am no expert with Rhino...

Have you activated the Render Nurbs option on the toolbar ?
Have you set Shaded viewports in Rhino ?

Other than that, I am lost ... Sorry

Martin

octav1an

Hi TpwUK, thanks for reply.
Yes nurbs was turned on and yes, there are activated shaded viewports in Rhino.

Anyway I found out the issue. It was my Firewall. I am using Eset Nod32, after disabling the firewall completely it works nicely. I had very similar
problem when I had to send data through ports between Grasshopper and Iphone, but I am not sure why it is working on 32 bit Rhino with
firewall on.

So solution: disable firewall or create an exception rule.

TpwUK

Great to hear it's working for you. Sounds like Eset still needs to whitelist the behaviour for the 64bit versions at a guess.

Martin