Equirectangular camera for VR 360 in Facebook/Youtube/Oculus/Samsung Gear

Started by Livingstone, November 14, 2016, 01:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingstone

Hi Keyshot team,
I type here something I asked long time ago on another post in another section but no answer.
My wishlist? An improvement on VR . Keyshot VR is an interactive 360 turntable rendering but due to the recent VR devices the idea of VR is changed.
In this moment the only way to create 3D VR videos is using Vray or using Element 3D + After Effects+Skybox .
Below the link to the After Effects+Skybox method, to inspire the great Keyshot development team.
It really disturb me to think I must import the 3D model in Element 3D and try to redo all mappings when I did all the shaders in Keyshot already.
My wishlist?
A new equirectangular camera and function to export as equirectangular video.
If anyone have a script to do it already it can be appreciated.
Basically for each frame need to render 6 images ( 1 for each side of a cube ) and merge in a equirectangular single image.
Then all the images must be embedded in a equirectangular video, but this can be done into After Effects also .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUO022klGM

DriesV

Hi Livingstone,

Thank you for the heads-up.

KeyShot 7 will have a new Panoramic lens for the camera. You will be able to render spherical (equirectangular) or cube map panoramas.
You will also be able to render stereoscopic panoramas, for viewing in Oculus or other HMDs.
Since this is a lens settings, it will also be possible to render panoramic animations.

We recently released the KeyShot 7 sneak peek video, which includes this new lens type.

Dries

fario

Livingstone

DriesV WOOOOW ,
When it will be available? November 25th ? Can customers of Keyshot 6.2  upgrade to 7 with discount?

DriesV

Hi Livingstone,

Glad to hear you are excited. :)

As for your questions...
November 25 is our KeyShot Black Friday event, where you will have a discount on all KeyShot purchases. It's not release date for KeyShot 7. ;)
The week after, we have deals for all upgrade and add-on purchases.
Buying a full or upgrade license entitles you to a free upgrade to KeyShot 7. This also applies for KeyShot 6 HD to Pro upgrades.

Please check here for the details.

Dries