SS or Render

Started by HyDrageN, January 17, 2011, 11:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyDrageN

Hi to all,

Like new for me to design programs would like to ask a question about the rendering in Keyshot ..
What is the difference between the ScreenShot and Rendering?
Can I use for the best results ScreenShot or should I make arrangements to Rendering ??
And if I should use in rendering, what kind of settings should I do that I have the best outcome in the final image ?

Thanks in advance

Robert V.

Hi hydragen,

The screenshot feature is to quickly get an impression of how the render will look like. it';s by far insuperieur to a render.

however, under the render settings one could enable real-time render, which is a slight advanced version of the screenshot.

when you really go and render your object, the final image will look much better, but it could take a lot of time (screenshot is instant, real-time~time can be set manually) depending on your chosen settings.

My advice for those settings to have the best result in the least amount of time:

samples, if you have a shiny object (lot's of metal and glass parts, it could help to get rid of some small artifacts like white dots) a number around 45 will do the trick. Otherwise, use a number between 16 and 25.

ray bounces, calculates the number of times light passes through a material. when set at a high level, glass and fluids (every transparent material in fact) will become more realistic. you could experiment how you model will look like by changing the value under options > realtime.
If your model has some transparent materials, try to stay around 16, if you have a transparent material behind another tranparent material you will be looking at a value around 25.
In other situations (some to no transparent materials) try to use values between 2 and 8

anti aliasing, if your model is a high poly one, 2 or 3 is great. use 8 if your model is of low quality.

shadow quality, I find values below 5 creating low quality shadows. Use 5 or higher.

global illumination quality, it's hard to see improvement here. Use 2 or higher.

pixel filter size
, when setting low, your model will be sharper around the edges. It's taste-based ;p

dof quality, speaks for itself.

Sharp shadows, leave it enabled.

HyDrageN

Hi PredatorKS,

Thanks for the quick response and for suggestions on photorealism.
It will help enough for the final result.

Thanks again and good day