First Run on Ring

Started by Brett, November 21, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

This is my first run with Keyshot. Its got some problems so I was hoping to be able to ask how to best get rid of the unsightly reflections inside the ring ?
Also I'm very open to any suggestions on how to make the entire render better
Any input would be very much appreciated
:-)

NM-92

First thing i would do is changing the environment. For metals generally you need a high contrast illumination. Your's seems to be very bright. Try an HDRI that has more black in it. You can also add a very subtle texture for bump.

Brett

Thanks, will give that a go.
:)

Brett

Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I am missing that will eliminate the unsightly reflections inside the ring ?

guest84672

You do realize that this is the reflection of the ring itself? I suggest that you change the camera angle a bit.

Brett

chinustud

Quote from: thomasteger on November 22, 2016, 12:17:19 PM
You do realize that this is the reflection of the ring itself? I suggest that you change the camera angle a bit.

That reflection is misleading when you are dealing with these kind of ring renders. There is a Webinar from keyshot which shows how you can eliminate the unwanted reflection on the inside part of the ring. Or else just change the angle. I face this issue quite a few times as I render jewellery professionally. The easiest way ;as mentioned above; is to change the camera angle.

Brett

Thanks, that will be helpful to view the tutorial that deals with jewelry

Quote from: chinustud on November 22, 2016, 10:34:16 PM
Quote from: thomasteger on November 22, 2016, 12:17:19 PM

That reflection is misleading when you are dealing with these kind of ring renders. There is a Webinar from keyshot which shows how you can eliminate the unwanted reflection on the inside part of the ring. Or else just change the angle. I face this issue quite a few times as I render jewellery professionally. The easiest way ;as mentioned above; is to change the camera angle.

monson67

There is a Webinar from keyshot which shows how you can eliminate the unwanted reflection on the inside part of the ring.

Which video is this in? Would you mind posting a link?

chinustud

Quote from: monson67 on November 29, 2016, 07:39:10 AM
There is a Webinar from keyshot which shows how you can eliminate the unwanted reflection on the inside part of the ring.

Which video is this in? Would you mind posting a link?

Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oduJJ0Gq84