Render with partial Mesh

Started by IG.Yamateh, November 23, 2016, 06:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IG.Yamateh

Hi guys.

I wanted to mesh a part so that I can see a Mesh like in a FEA analysis as well as some colours to indicate stress concentrations.

Is there a convenient way to achieve this in Keyshot6? If so how can I do that?

Really appreciate your help guys!

LayC42

Does the mesh of your model (parts) look like the FEA mesh example?

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: LayC42 on November 24, 2016, 01:00:45 PM
Does the mesh of your model (parts) look like the FEA mesh example?

It was just a question if that can be done easily with Keyshot and how you can achieve that.

Concerning your question: What if and what if not?

Thank you!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: IG.Yamateh on November 23, 2016, 06:19:13 AM
Hi guys.

I wanted to mesh a part so that I can see a Mesh like in a FEA analysis as well as some colours to indicate stress concentrations.

If I understand your question correctly, then I think that the short answer is 'no'.
The easy way (as I imagine it) would be if you could output your meshlines and colors from your CAD software as a UV-mapped bitmap and CAD-data of the deformed mesh... but I have never heard of such feature. Not saying that it doesn't exists.

Maybe some of the other guys on this forum knows a way around?

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on November 24, 2016, 10:51:40 PM
Quote from: IG.Yamateh on November 23, 2016, 06:19:13 AM
Hi guys.

If I understand your question correctly, then I think that the short answer is 'no'.
The easy way (as I imagine it) would be if you could output your meshlines and colors from your CAD software as a UV-mapped bitmap and CAD-data of the deformed mesh... but I have never heard of such feature. Not saying that it doesn't exists.

Maybe some of the other guys on this forum knows a way around?

So maybe it wasn't even done with a FEA software but maybe with Creo 2.0 since this has a plugin for Keyshot AND an FEA feature. Really interested in this one though.

Livingstone

Hi IG,
I think Keyshot cannot run the stress simulation , it is a function of engineering software as solidworks or ProE  but if your target is to create an image ( or animation ) showing that and you know already where are the stressed areas I think you can use a wireframe material and add some labels ( plastic matte in dark orange color ) masked with a radial gradient and set the opacity mask where you want to show the stress area .
Below a quick test I did .

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: Livingstone on November 27, 2016, 06:15:42 PM
Hi IG,
I think Keyshot cannot run the stress simulation , it is a function of engineering software as solidworks or ProE  but if your target is to create an image ( or animation ) showing that and you know already where are the stressed areas I think you can use a wireframe material and add some labels ( plastic matte in dark orange color ) masked with a radial gradient and set the opacity mask where you want to show the stress area .
Below a quick test I did .

Thank you very much for your help! Yes that is true. Keyshot itself cannot run stress simulations but with the plugin in different softwares we are able to export those assemblies or parts into Keyshot and animate them etc.

The picture you uploaded looks really nice. Nonetheless, this look is not close to a FEA simulation post-processing picture. I will keep searching and asking though and let you know as soon as I know how to do that :)

fario

Hello
Render with the toon material.
Hoping to help you.
Antoine

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: Antoine on November 30, 2016, 12:57:07 AM
Hello
Hoping to help you.
Antoine

Wow!!! That looks so awesome! Can you combine the toon material with the meshed one?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: IG.Yamateh on November 30, 2016, 03:10:47 AM
Hello
Hoping to help you.
Antoine

Wow!!! That looks so awesome! Can you combine the toon material with the meshed one?

You can do this if you're comfortable working with the material graph. A simple way to combine any two is to render out one image of each, layer them in photoshop, then erase the top layer partially.

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 30, 2016, 06:50:32 AM
Quote from: IG.Yamateh on November 30, 2016, 03:10:47 AM
Hello
Hoping to help you.
Antoine

You can do this if you're comfortable working with the material graph. A simple way to combine any two is to render out one image of each, layer them in photoshop, then erase the top layer partially.

That is exactly what I want to do Antoine!  :)

The problem I have in my mind is how to get the same perspective in Keyshot & the FEA program I want to use. There will be a conflict creating an overlay if I am not mistaken.

Will Gibbons

Sure. You could try matching it visually by placing an image created by FEA program as a backplate in KeyShot, then try matching your model in KeyShot, then turning off the back plate and rendering out the image, then compositing them. Likely won't be 100% matched unless you know your camera settings in the FEA program.

IG.Yamateh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 30, 2016, 01:18:13 PM
Sure. You could try matching it visually by placing an image created by FEA program as a backplate in KeyShot, then try matching your model in KeyShot, then turning off the back plate and rendering out the image, then compositing them. Likely won't be 100% matched unless you know your camera settings in the FEA program.

That are my concerns  :) I will see what I can do .

Thank you guys for your help. Much appreciated!  :)