Nylon Mesh Materials and Embroidery

Started by amrit02, November 23, 2016, 11:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amrit02

Hi guys, New to keyshot here !

I am using Keyshot as part of a workflow from Marvelous Designer (MD) . I am trying to create an embroidered lace dress consisting of two parts:
- The mesh
- The embroidery (which is sewn on the mesh)

They are imported as 2 different materials in Keyshot . The  issue I have in the transparency, in the embroidery (which is a PNG image file with alpha channel )

Since an embroidery is normally on top of the mesh, some parts of the image are transparent, which makes me have to upload a opacity file EVERYTIME i open a new embroidery on the mesh. This is quite time consuming especially since the embroidery file already has an Alpha channel.

I would like to be able for it to detect the alpha channel automatically , and detect transparency without me having to create and open the Opacity file everytime.

I tried changing the "Material Type" of my embroidery to "Glass" . It automaticaly detects transparency in the alpha channel of the PNG file , however the texture is well , glass .  The embroidery is Nylon.

Below are some pictures of what my render is , in MD , and in Keyshot .

Hope anyone can be of assistance.
Thanks !

Rex

Hold alt on the color/diffuse texture thumbnail button and drag it onto the opacity channel to copy.  Does that help?

amrit02

Quote from: Rex on November 23, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
Hold alt on the color/diffuse texture thumbnail button and drag it onto the opacity channel to copy.  Does that help?

THANKS ! It worked.

One additional question ,
can i change the diffuse color (not blend with) of my texture. So if my embroidery is gold, i can diffuse a color on top of it and completely change the color.  I can't seem to find a way to do it,  even by working with various Material types. 

Rex

Yes you will have to feed your texture map through the Color Adjust node in the Material Graph and use the hue adjustment.