FlowMotion Smartphone Stabilizer

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, November 28, 2016, 02:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Good evening,

I've been given permission to post some images from my latest work for a kickstarter company called FlowMotion (www.flowmotion.one). They have recently released a product for capturing stabilized cinematic videos with a smartphone. They've already have reached their goal, and have gotten publicity on Forbes and other sources. To quote Forbes: "Don't confuse FlowMotion One with a pimped out selfie stick. It's far from it."

I don't have detailed information about the tech inside, but the footage I've seen recorded with it looks remarkable in terms of stability.

Anyway, it's currently an ongoing project, so there may be some updates. Hope you like them.

DriesV

I love the subtle imperfections in the materials, Magnus!
Would be great if they went with that look in their marketing materials. It shows honesty. And emphasizes ruggedness. :)

Dries

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: DriesV on November 28, 2016, 02:34:58 AM
I love the subtle imperfections in the materials, Magnus!
Would be great if they went with that look in their marketing materials. It shows honesty. And emphasizes ruggedness. :)

Thanks Dries! Appreciate it :)

And yes, I agree! Especially the part about ruggedness/robustness, given that this is a product which is to be used outside in potentially extreme situations. I made different versions of this, where some are within the "perfect" genre. I'm not sure which they will use the most, but they were enthusiastic about the rugged material as well.

richardfunnell

Man, these look great Magnus. I came on the forum hoping you'd have put these up high resolution after seeing it in IG and was not disappointed :)

The in-context renderings are great, I really like them! They're a departure from the usual product shots and have a great feel to them. Well done!

NM-92

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: richardfunnell on November 28, 2016, 05:41:52 AM
Man, these look great Magnus. I came on the forum hoping you'd have put these up high resolution after seeing it in IG and was not disappointed :)

The in-context renderings are great, I really like them! They're a departure from the usual product shots and have a great feel to them. Well done!

Thanks a bunch Richard! Appreciate your kinds words :)

I'm glad you liked them! The customer was a bit skeptical at first when I proposed such a look, but they liked it once they got the result:)

Quote from: NM-92 on November 28, 2016, 06:17:33 AM
Neat ! Love them all.

Cheers Nicolas! Thank you!

TpwUK

Well done Magnus, you are turning into a great "all rounder", respect!

Martin

Will Gibbons

The usual suspects have pointed out lots of the great details in these renderings. I'd like to echo their comments. Love these.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on November 28, 2016, 07:31:28 AM
Well done Magnus, you are turning into a great "all rounder", respect!
Why thank you, Martin! So nice of you to say:)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 28, 2016, 08:27:56 AM
The usual suspects have pointed out lots of the great details in these renderings. I'd like to echo their comments. Love these.
Always nice to hear from you, Will! Much obliged :)

Hossein Alfideh

very fantastic work as always magnus! I love how you care about every single detail man!
is the rock same model you posted a few days ago? awesome work!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on November 30, 2016, 12:19:31 AM
very fantastic work as always magnus! I love how you care about every single detail man!
is the rock same model you posted a few days ago? awesome work!
Cheers Hossein (http://i.imgur.com/xcEamGI.gif)! Appreciate your kind words!:) And yes, it's the same rock, only a different angle. It was a neat model, so I couldn't let it slide for just one image.

Esben Oxholm

As said on instagram, awesome job, Magnus!
I also really like the shots on the rock and the subtle roughness mapping in the material.
Well done!

bdesign

Such amazing work, as always, Magnus! The texturing, lighting, and detail is just fantastic! +1 with all the other comments. I especially like the shallow DOF you achieve in a lot of your renders. Well done!

Cheers,
Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on November 30, 2016, 11:48:16 PM
As said on instagram, awesome job, Magnus!
I also really like the shots on the rock and the subtle roughness mapping in the material.
Well done!
Great to hear from you, Esben! Always appreciated! Glad you noticed the details. That's the joy of posting it in these forums; no details goes unnoticed. Thanks:)

Quote from: bdesign on December 01, 2016, 01:26:28 AM
Such amazing work, as always, Magnus! The texturing, lighting, and detail is just fantastic! +1 with all the other comments. I especially like the shallow DOF you achieve in a lot of your renders. Well done!
Thank you so much, Eric! I'm glad you liked it :)

Josh3D

Very cool to see some of your customer work! These shots look GREAT and the little details you add in are a treat.

The product is incredible too - did you do the exploded animation in the video? They'll definitely bring in some more pledges with your shots :)