Main Menu

Fit or Fat ?

Started by Despot, December 03, 2016, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

My first ever food render actually - got the idea after thumbing through a magazine whilst in a doctor's waiting room...

As well as the finished composition I've included the full separate renders plus a couple of clays with neutral lighting.

Doughnut scan from _blank Repository - other models were purchased, apart from the rock salt and the micro hairs on the leading tomato stalk which I modeled in Cinema 4D . I also made some custom textures from the ground up in Substance Designer for the tomato skin.

In KeyShot I made heavy use of the Translucent (Advanced) material for both the tomatoes and doughnuts.

I forgot to add, the arrangement of both tomatoes and doughnuts were done using MoGraph Dynamics in Cinema 4D

Curves adjust and floating dust particles added in Photoshop

Thanks for taking a peek.

John

Robb63

Those are amazing! I would never have guessed those weren't real!

NM-92

Are these 3d scans ? Renders are perfect.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I love these, John! Remarkable!  I rarely download images here, but I just had to take all these pixels in. It's such a joy to see the level (lvl max) of realism you manage to get out of Keyshot.

ShubhamShah

Finema

bdesign

Just truly remarkable, John, like everything you do! I've said it before, but I always feel as if I could just reach into my monitor screen and touch your images :) Beautiful...

Cheers,
Eric

Speedster

Simple solution- put a tomato on top of a doughnut and eat it!

These are absolutely awesome, some of the finest work yet by any of us!

Bill G

Despot

QuoteThose are amazing! I would never have guessed those weren't real!

Hey Robb (?) that's high praise indeed, thanks a lot :)

QuoteAre these 3d scans ? Renders are perfect.

Cheers Nicolas, the doughnuts are scans, tomatoes are regular modeled geo

QuoteI love these, John! Remarkable!  I rarely download images here, but I just had to take all these pixels in. It's such a joy to see the level (lvl max) of realism you manage to get out of Keyshot.

Ah, thanks Magnus, What a kind thing to say, I must be honoured if you're actually downloading images to view...

QuoteGreat work, Sir!!!

Cheers, much appreciated :)

QuoteSuperb !

Thanks Philippe, much appreciated

QuoteJust truly remarkable, John, like everything you do! I've said it before, but I always feel as if I could just reach into my monitor screen and touch your images :) Beautiful...

Thank you Eric, another ultra kind compliment from you about my work. It's greatly appreciated, believe me.

QuoteSimple solution- put a tomato on top of a doughnut and eat it!

These are absolutely awesome, some of the finest work yet by any of us!

Wow, thanks Bill, what a nice thing to say - as far as the tomato on top of a doughnut goes, I suppose if you were hungry enough ;)

Josh3D

So good! Best food renders in KeyShot that I've seen.

Livingstone

A*M*A*Z*I*N*G !
the lighting and materials and everything are so real !
Compliments !!

nicordf

I'm speechless, big time!

Will Gibbons

I don't wish you any harm, but you really need to visit the doctor's office more often if this is what happens afterward. Really man... these are nuts! The tomatoes are my favorite.

Hossein Alfideh

Wow,just wow!!!  :o
these are unbelievable!best food shots I've seen ever!
they look cooler than real food John!
jaw dropping as always!

Cheers