Keyshot Cloud library downloads not working?

Started by aiwen, December 07, 2016, 11:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aiwen

Hi Guys,

I am trying to download textures/environments from the cloud library and they aren't working at all. I click download and I can see the number go up by one but nothing happens. Nothing appears in my download folder. When I right click on the download button it gives me the option to "add to iTunes as a spoken track". I have no idea whats going on here but its really annoying. The same thing happens with environments, basically anything on the keyshot cloud library. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue? Im on a mac and running el capitan.

Thanks very much,
Aiwen

guest84672

After the initial login and the first download attempt you will be prompted for another login. Do this, and you will be able to download.

philw

I'm getting the same problem since the 6.3 update. No second login pop-up happens. On Mac and Windows.

Niko Planke

Hey,

It looks like KeyShot is not linked to Cloud downloads anymore for you.
Please  try to rerun the KeyShot installer.
That should not impact your existing resources, but should restore the link.

Let us know how that works.

vanboemmel

Hello Forum!
Also after rerunning the KeyShot installer on my Mac, I still can not download from the cloud.
I so much need the "BAMBOO pattern texture"   :-\

Artbot

It's possible the Browser gives the problem, at least for me. Not sure why, but when I switched to Safari it began working, when in Firefox, it wouldn't.

vanboemmel

The "KeyShotCloudHandler" will not take over...

monson67

I had this issue as well. I emailed support@luxion.com, and I was told they are working on a fix. Luckily, there is a simple workaround in the meantime.

With KeyShot and your browser in the same desktop space (if you're on a Mac) as each other, just drag the materials or any other resources you wish to download from your browser window onto the KeyShot window. You will be asked to enter your login information. Once you do, those resources will show up in the Downloads folder within the Materials/Environments/Backplates/Textures tabs.

It worked for me. Hopefully, it will work for everyone else.

Artbot

Your suggestion here works very well. The idea of dragging over from the browser, well, I never would have come up with that! Thank you for sharing.