Main Menu

flickring

Started by PeterSwift, January 04, 2017, 03:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

Why is my material flickering in my animations, when i rotate some models in a turntable. 
Its the ones with velvet material and they have Diffuse, Sheen and bump active with jpegs. 
And not all models with that material is effected with this flicker.  It looks light the flicker is changing the color to slighter  brighter,

why is this happending? 

Chad Holton

It could be where the surface is reflecting the brighter environment lights. Test with different environments to see.

PeterSwift

Quote from: Chad Holton on January 04, 2017, 05:51:05 AM
It could be where the surface is reflecting the brighter environment lights. Test with different environments to see.

I dont know, I have other material in the same material, just different bump. And they don't flicker. It's a bug when you animate and It's really annoying. Maybe is the network render again that's fudging everything up.

EDIT: Yes it was get again the network rendering bug.  Hope keyshot knows about it. It's been there for a long time.

Chad Holton

Quote from: PeterSwift on January 04, 2017, 06:20:08 AM

I dont know, I have other material in the same material, just different bump. And they don't flicker. It's a bug when you animate and It's really annoying. Maybe is the network render again that's fudging everything up.

EDIT: Yes it was get again the network rendering bug.  Hope keyshot knows about it. It's been there for a long time.

What NR version and KeyShot version are you using exactly? Can you share the scene with us?

PeterSwift

Quote from: Chad Holton on January 04, 2017, 07:01:23 AM
Quote from: PeterSwift on January 04, 2017, 06:20:08 AM

What NR version and KeyShot version are you using exactly? Can you share the scene with us?

its the newest. It's all up to date.  I can't share the scene but I will try to recreate it in a sharable scene.