The object should appear in the center, but it changes its position.

Started by Zvi, January 19, 2017, 08:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

When I create a spehrical KeyShotVR - the object should appear in the center, but it changes its position, as you can see in the attached VR.

richardfunnell

Hi Zvi,

When you create spherical VR, you are prompted for the rotation center.
It looks like either your part is not centered in the KeyShot scene, or you may have a "Look at" Point which is not the object center.

You can always use the "Center" button under the position tab to move that part into the Scene center.

Zvi

Quote from: richardfunnell on January 19, 2017, 10:14:34 AM
Hi Zvi,

When you create spherical VR, you are prompted for the rotation center.
It looks like either your part is not centered in the KeyShot scene, or you may have a "Look at" Point which is not the object center.

You can always use the "Center" button under the position tab to move that part into the Scene center.
Thank you Richard, but Where is the  "Center" button under the position tab?
Richard I really love your Webina rs!

richardfunnell

Thank you for watching the webinars!

The Center button isn't part of the move tool, it's in the Position tab itself. Screenshot attached.

Zvi

Quote from: richardfunnell on January 19, 2017, 12:09:50 PM
Thank you for watching the webinars!

The Center button isn't part of the move tool, it's in the Position tab itself. Screenshot attached.
Richard, I did as you said, I clicked on the center tab, but it did not help. Still the object changes its position from the center of the scene during the VR. I attached the ksp file of the scene.

richardfunnell

In this case you will want to define your model or a specific part as your VR rotation center. In the attached screenshot I've used the "Custom" option to define the pSphere3Shape part as the center for the rotation.

The output of your VR should now be with the part centered on the rotation.

Zvi

Quote from: richardfunnell on January 20, 2017, 08:17:22 AM
In this case you will want to define your model or a specific part as your VR rotation center. In the attached screenshot I've used the "Custom" option to define the pSphere3Shape part as the center for the rotation.

The output of your VR should now be with the part centered on the rotation.
Thanks Richard. That's it!!!