Highlights are changing when adjusting the render resolution

Started by x11d, January 26, 2017, 04:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x11d

Hello,
I am having a problem of disappearing highlights when changing to higher rendering resolutions: The realtime rendering looks like I want it to be, also when rendering in a 1920x1080 reslution. But when rendering in higher resolution in up to 7680x4320 the hightlits are almost completely gone.

I have done many quite similar renderings, but I never realized this behaviour.
Did anybody have that phenomena before and even more important: Can anybody give me a hint how to solve that? I have tried to change the render advanced settings in many ways, but I am not getting my desired result.

By the way: The screenshots are not fully rendered to the 150samples on the higher resultions, but even when waiting until the fully samples are reached the highlights are not getting better.

Stephan

Rex

Hey Stephan,

What material is that? Are you rendering with Maximum Samples mode?

Could you send us an example file? You can send to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks

x11d

Hi Rex,
thanks for your reply. I sent you an email including a link to the uploaded scene.

Stephan

Rex

It looks like it is the Mold-Tech texture causing the issue. We will investigate but for now I suggest using a different bump map and the plastic material.

x11d

Rex,
Thanks a lot. As you mentioned, the reason was the texture. I created another material with the material editor ... works great now.

Stephan  :)