"selection outlines" not working, despite being checkmarked

Started by illini809, January 26, 2017, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illini809

Just got a new licence, fairly new to Keyshot. Trying to highlight part(s) so I can rearrange and prepare for animation. However, nothing is being highlighted?

What I am trying to do: Click a part(s) and have it highlighted with the orange outline.
What I tried: edit>preferences>interface>"selection outlines"
What I uploaded: various files - both .STEP and .SLDASM, it probably doesn't even matter.

Version: Keyshot Pro 6

What setting, either from importing or in preferences, am I missing? Thanks!

guest84672

It will only be highlighted if you are inside the scene tree. Also, you may want to check your preferences under "Interface", and explore the 2 options for "selection outline".

Esben Oxholm

Hi,

The orange outline only shows when you are on the scene tab in the project menu.
Does it still not work here?

mikeperez

Not sure if you ever got an answer. I posted in a similar thread last year, and didn't realize until now that someone had offered a solution.

Go into Preferences / Advanced, and make sure Graphics Effects is selected.

However, on my computer, Graphics Effects was already selected, so I unchecked it. And that worked. I don't know what other effects will occur after unchecking it, but Selection Outlines will only work for me if Graphics Effects is unchecked.

LayC42

I had this and similar issues. That was caused of the missing graphic card driver.
And after the graphic driver was working, everything in KeyShot was fine.