Render output issues

Started by Taylor G, February 03, 2017, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor G

I have previously rendered animations on my desktop just fine with no issues. I had an animation rendering for a few days. It completed over night. The folder I specified did not contain the avi. file of the finished animation however did contain all the frames. I did a thorough search through my computer and network files to no avail. This occurred on two occasions.

I've attempted a few short test renders to trouble shoot. The avi. file has ended up where I specified however wont play, I receive the following error message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." With zero additional information, no error code or anything.

All very frustrating considering I was rendering animations just fine prior to these incidences

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LayC42

Did you use your own computer to render or network rendering?
Check your bip file for the render settings. Especially the path for frames and avi. Did you find the frame files?
If you're missing the avi but got the frame files, you can use tools like VirtualDUBMOD (freeware) to merge them as a video file.

Hope that solve your case

Öner

Hi Taylor,

same problem had been occured on me, there was full of frame but nothing about the .avi file.  I've downloaded quicktime 6.5.2 (This version old but gold), then i opened this program, chosed the "open image sequence" and selected first frame.  After the program upload the all frames you can save the video if you want.

i've found a solution like this.