Cannot download materials from the Keyshot Cloud

Started by verityaudio, February 03, 2017, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verityaudio

When I try to open the Keyshot Cloud from Keyshot and try to download a material I get small login window asking me to login or register. I put all my information, i.e. Email and password and get an authentification error message. 

guest84672

I just reactivated your account. Please try  again.

verityaudio

Thank you Thomas,

Unfortunatly, it didn't help? The problem still exists? I am using a Solid Edge License, can it be related somehow?

Niko Planke

Hey,

It is likely to be related to a firewall or network setting.
Can you check if you have a firewall or other security measures that could be blocking the internet access?

Also if possible please provide a screenshot of the exact error received.

verityaudio

I will check about the firewall...

I get three messages, here they are:

verityaudio

Apprently, the firewall isn't the problem? Any other idea? Thanks

MealeaYing

I have something like this problem too...
I log into the website but then this other window comes up and I have no idea what to do with it.
I got it working a long time ago but its never worked since

MealeaYing

One more thing, there's no way to reset either password and hitting register just bring up a new version of the same page, its maddening enough to have two passwords (I dont know either of mine) a but to have it be imposible to reset either of  them is something that might warrant looking at.

Looking around a bit more I see that this is a very common problem and I see no fixes for it, or at least none that work.
It's not a firewall issue and  that there is no recover button seems to be a serious stumbling block.

MealeaYing

Ok, I got it, you have to use the password for this forum!
I would never ever do that normally, using the same password in more than one place is simply asking for trouble, but that's it.

Niko Planke

Hello,

The password to use in the mentioned login window in KeyShot, is the same as you use for the Cloud page.
This is entirely independent of your Forum Password.
You will have to be logged in on the cloud Page to be able to download materials into KeyShot.

You can reset the Cloud password on: https://cloud.keyshot.com/index.php while you are not logged in.
The: Forgot your password? link next to the Sign in should allow you reset your Cloud password.
Note: You will receive a new authentication mail after resetting the password.

The Forgot your password?  link does also exist next to the sign in button when signing in to the Forum.

If that link does not work for you, you can try to clear your Browsers cache, or try to use an other browser.

If you are certain that your password is correct and you can download from the cloud on an other computer, please contact support@luxion.com
Note: Please make sure that Capslock is disabled and that you are using the correct Keyboard layout.

MealeaYing

Thanks Niko but that isn't correct .
Something is messed up maybe?
On the link you provided there is a gear menu with password stuff but it doesn't work, if just says incorrect password.
Once I reset my password in the forum here I was able to log into the cloud with no problem In the little popup menu I mean..
Im not using trivial passwords and there very little chance I just randomly happened to use the same one. Im generating random 64+ character keys for this, generating the same key twice is gigantically unlikely.
The main thing for me is that it worked, but I suspect it will stop again like its doing for so many other people.

Niko Planke

Thank you for the feedback.
I will check that right away.

For anyone experiencing issues with the Cloud and reading this thread:

A few thing you can do yourself  if you have issues with the cloud download are:

• Update KeyShot to the latest version.
  • Make sure the computer is connected to the internet and nothing is blocking KeyShots connection
  • Try using an other browser.
  • Perform a fresh install of KeyShot
  • Make sure that Email and Password are typed correctly.
  • Try to Drag and drop the material from the Cloud library into KeyShot

If none of these resolves the issue, please contact us at: support@luxion.com