Cinema + Keyshot | Alembic export/ Import screws Texture mapping

Started by akashara, February 08, 2017, 01:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akashara

Hi all,

after desperately searching and endlessly trying around I now turn to the you guys and girls in hope to get some help:

I am currently working on some animations with a Rhino (modeling) -> Cinema 4D (animating) -> Keyshot (rendering) workflow.
After animation, I export the files as alembic abc into keyshot, which works fine so far; The only problem is that it screws up my texture mapping; so while everything looks fine in C4D with cubic mapping, Keyshot box mapping always has glitches.

The strange part now is that if I export an alembic file that contains NO animation, the texture mapping is fine and as expected.
There is no mesh deformation going on in the scene. And the C4D keyshot plugin can't be used, since I have camera movement in there that's not transported to Keyshot somehow.

Is there anyone that could help ? Since this is a client project I would need help urgently. And unfortunately I can not share the files because of that...

Thanks!

guest84672

Use "uv mapping" as the mapping method in the texture tab. Will that work?

guest84672

You may want to try and save "for melange".

Also, an example file is always helpful.

akashara

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your replies! Unfortunately UV-Mapping or 'Save for Melange' don't work. We found a workaround though:

We load the geometry (via FBX file format) into the scene, and in frame 01 of the animation we just leave it in its original import position.
From frame 01 to frame 02 we move the geo into the start position of the animation. Frame 02 - End is the animation then.

So by having a first frame where the geometry is in its default import position, now the texture mapping is as it should be throughout the whole animation.