The inside of the model looks too bright, and doesn't look smooth

Started by Zvi, February 13, 2017, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

The inside of the model looks bad. It looks too bright, and doesn't look smooth. How can I fix this?

LayC42

I mentioned three things in your screenshot.
What's the reason for the interior mode?
And does it look better, if you increase the indirect bounce to 0 as well turn of global illumination?
Are 2 ray bounces enough for a single metal part?

Zvi

Quote from: LayC42 on February 13, 2017, 01:11:52 PM
I mentioned three things in your screenshot.
What's the reason for the interior mode?
And does it look better, if you increase the indirect bounce to 0 as well turn of global illumination?
Are 2 ray bounces enough for a single metal part?
Thank you LayC42 . I folowed your recommendations, and you can see the results in the attached images. The main influence was the change of the ray bounces. With 3 it is too dark, and with 4 it looks rough.

jhiker

I'm no expert compared to some of the guys on here, but I would try:
Changing the lighting environment - often makes a huge difference.
Using a noise/bump map on the material.
Using the geometry editor to split-off the inside face(s) and use a different roughness/bump setting.

Zvi

Thank you all. I solved this by changing the value of the tone material of the inside part to darker.

Zvi

Quote from: Zvi on February 14, 2017, 02:32:18 AM
Thank you all. I solved this by changing the value of the tone material of the inside part to darker.
I have to say that there is still a problem - noise.

guest84672

The inside has a roughness value of 0.05. Not sure what you are expecting.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on February 16, 2017, 11:47:42 AM
The inside has a roughness value of 0.05. Not sure what you are expecting.
I understood that in KeyShot roughness should not produce noise, but reduce reflections., which is the goal of adding the roughness.

guest84672

You just need to increase the number of samples, i.e. let it render longer.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on February 16, 2017, 12:15:06 PM
You just need to increase the number of samples, i.e. let it render longer.
In the attached image you can see the result of 200 material samples and 240 render samples. It didn't really helped.

guest84672

Correct. Try 2048. You know that you can type in a higher number in the render dialog.

You can just let it res up in realtime, and watch the sample count in the Heads-Up display window (hit H on the keyboard).

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on February 16, 2017, 02:30:06 PM
Correct. Try 2048. You know that you can type in a higher number in the render dialog.

You can just let it res up in realtime, and watch the sample count in the Heads-Up display window (hit H on the keyboard).
You were right. Thank you!

mattjgerard

This too, when I realized that one can type in a larger number than the slider will give is when a lot of my noise issues went away. Just need to let er cook a lot longer.