Burned Wood Stamp (Updated)

Started by bdesign, February 16, 2017, 12:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesign

Quote from: designgestalt on February 17, 2017, 12:15:50 AM
hello Eric,
thanks a bunch for your help!
amazing shot !!
can you explain roughly, a bit about your material graph?
I am a noob and it would be helpful just to get a rough idea... !
thanks a lot
best regards
designgestalt
Hey designgestalt-

Thanks very much for your kind words. I realize the material graph here is quite complex and may seem a bit overwhelming to a "noob" as you described yourself. But much of it is layers of added detail. Here is a basic breakdown of the core effect:

First, I opened the KeyShot 6 Logo.png in Photoshop and added a white background layer. I then duplicated the logo layer twice, and applied gaussian blur to them at values of 5 and 10 respectively. I then saved these out as .png. In KeyShot, I combined these textures with Color Composite nodes as follows:

1. Original KeyShot logo > Source of Color Composite 1. Blurred @5 logo > Background of Color Composite 1. Blend mode: Normal.
2. Color Composite 1 > Source of Color Composite 2. Blurred @10 logo > Background of Color Composite 2. Blend mode: Multiply.
3. Color Composite 2 > Source of Color Composite 3. Background set to white. Blend mode: Normal. I only did this because the white background of the previously combined textures was not covering the entire surface of the board. If you create your logo graphics with a larger background in Photoshop, this step can be eliminated.
4. Plug the chained Color Composite nodes into the Input of two Color To Number nodes. Plug Color To Number node 1 > Value of a Color Adjust node, Color To Number 2 > Contrast. Plug your wood texture > Color of the Color Adjust node.
5. Use the Output To and Output From values of the Color To Number nodes to drive the Value and Contrast of your wood texture. The key to getting the "burned" look is to use high values. Experiment to find something you like.

I hope this is helpful and not too confusing  ;)

Cheers,
Eric

bdesign

Quote from: TGS808 on February 17, 2017, 01:07:33 PM
I thought the first one was good but that second one is perfection.
Thank you! Much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Eric

Will Gibbons

Magnus Skogsfjord

Way to push it indeed Eric! Looks so good.

bdesign