Turning off part but not animation.

Started by CoalHedgehog, February 16, 2017, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalHedgehog

I have multiple parts linked to a single animation.

I am trying to turn off individual parts so I can see other parts of the animation but Keyshot insists on turning off the animation with the part.

Is there a way around this?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: CoalHedgehog on February 16, 2017, 02:57:03 PM
I have multiple parts linked to a single animation.

I am trying to turn off individual parts so I can see other parts of the animation but Keyshot insists on turning off the animation with the part.

Hi! It completely depends on how your geometry is structured in the scene tree. If you've applied an animation or linked animation to a part, and then turn that part off... you essentially turn off the animation. Apply the animation to a group (above) the part, and then you can turn off the part while still leaving the animation 'on'.

CoalHedgehog

If there are 1000 parts linked to one animation, turning off one part means you cannot use the animation anymore?

I'm sure I've not had this problem in the past.  :-\

HaroldL

Try applying (adding) a Fade animation to the part you want to "turn off".

Will Gibbons

Quote from: CoalHedgehog on February 18, 2017, 09:22:22 AM

If there are 1000 parts linked to one animation, turning off one part means you cannot use the animation anymore?

I'm sure I've not had this problem in the past.  :-\

This is again... mostly dependent on your modeling structure. In a CAD application, this is why and how assemblies and subassemblies are taken advantage of in KeyShot.

If you've got everything under a single assembly or on the same level so to speak, you're fairly out of luck I believe.