Edit texture photos inside Keyshot?

Started by Chris B, February 23, 2017, 05:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris B

Hi All,

It's my first week on the tools here, and absolutely loving Keyshot so far.  Seeing so many possibilities here.

Just wondering... when using an image texture, is it possible to change the color at all (tints, tones, shades, hues, etc) within Keyshot?  Or any other mods possible?  Or would I have to edit the image in another package, save as a new file, and reload that new image file?

For example, if I want to use this wood texture, but make it more of a honey color as shown in the procedural wood above it.

Thanks

bdesign

Hey Chris-

You can run your texture through a Color Adjust node, where you can adjust hue, saturation, value, contrast and also colorize. Also, the texture node itself has brightness and contrast adjustment sliders

Cheers,
Eric

guest84672

Or simpler, you can start out by simply blending the color in the material editor in the project window.

Chris B

QuoteYou can run your texture through a Color Adjust node, where you can adjust hue, saturation, value, contrast and also colorize. Also, the texture node itself has brightness and contrast adjustment sliders

Oh, very cool.  I'm lucky I started KS when there's a material graph.  Just need to learn it inside and out now.  Thanks Eric  :)

Chris B

QuoteOr simpler, you can start out by simply blending the color in the material editor in the project window.

Oh, didn't even see that small down arrow before, hiding the blend with color function.

Thank you thomas