Main Menu

License problem

Started by rydberg, March 10, 2017, 04:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rydberg

Hi,

I am working with IronCAD 2017 and KeyShot 6.
We upgraded our license from CAD to PRO which has now caused significant problems.
When I start KeyShot I get the following error message: "Cannot use a KeyShot 3, 4 or 5 license file with KeyShot 6. Please contact license@luxion.com to get a new license file. Entering demo mode."
Pressing OK on that message takes me to the "Please Register KeyShot 6" window where I can change language, activate a license, try a watermark free demo, manually install a license file or continue without registrering.
If I start IronCAD and use the extension "Render in KeyShot", my KeyShot 6 boots up as CAD instead of PRO.

So somehow, when booting KeyShot through IronCAD, it picks up a valid license for CAD even though we have upgraded our license to PRO. But if I boot KeyShot as a stand-alone program, it can't find or even manually install a license file..

Is there any register files accessable through regedit that store licenses? Since it seems to pick up an obsolete license that is not available on our license server any more.

Chad Holton

Hello,

Lets try activating your Pro serial code first to see if it solves both issues. Just start KeyShot, go through registration by choosing the activate license option. If it fails to activate, please send the request file to: support@luxion.com

I can manually activate the license from this file.

Best regards,
Chad