Main Menu

LOGAN MOVIE

Started by Bruce27, March 12, 2017, 11:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce27

With the departure of Hugh Jackman as the star of Wolverine in Logan, I decided to dedicate a work inspired to one of the posters of the film that I liked more: Logan (see it below). Rendering that place now is that no textures, will post soon the complete job. Comments are welcome. Thank you! :)

Will Gibbons

Wow. I look forward to seeing the finished result.

NM-92

Nice ! Looks very promising.

TGS808

I'm a big fan of movie posters (especially teasers).  I liked the design of that Logan poster, though I found it was strangely similar to this one:

Bruce27

Quote from: TGS808 on March 13, 2017, 04:39:42 PM
I'm a big fan of movie posters (especially teasers).  I liked the design of that Logan poster, though I found it was strangely similar to this one:
Yes, it's very similar. Schindler's List was a really good movie!

Bruce27

Here is the final result! I think it turned out pretty well!  ;D

Andrzej Orzecki

You did it! excellent results! The only one thing,maybe just for me,the width of blades are a little too big but overall,again really good effort!

Cheers!

NM-92

Maaaaan ! This is awesome. The textures on the hand are spot on, and the material is incredible. Great work.

Bruce27

Thank you my friends! :)

designgestalt

first of all:
that is awesome !!!!
the skin texture is very neat!
so critique here is on a very high level.
there are two things I would trow in for consideration:
the lightning in the scene is kind of a theatrical production with high black and white contrasts which underline the strength in this image. you could give it a slight tweak there to gain more power.
I really like the pumped vessels in the hand of the original poster, as it gives the impression of tension, just released to protect the child's hand.
yours is a powerful and trained hand yet it does not look like "fresh from the workout", if you know what I mean.
the original has a slightly bit more danger in the air and leaves room for the interpretation if something just has happened!
again: this is a wonderful work and I am far from this mastery!!
best regards!
designgestalt

Bruce27

Quote from: designgestalt on March 16, 2017, 02:39:48 PM
first of all:
that is awesome !!!!
the skin texture is very neat!
so critique here is on a very high level.
there are two things I would trow in for consideration:
the lightning in the scene is kind of a theatrical production with high black and white contrasts which underline the strength in this image. you could give it a slight tweak there to gain more power.
I really like the pumped vessels in the hand of the original poster, as it gives the impression of tension, just released to protect the child's hand.
yours is a powerful and trained hand yet it does not look like "fresh from the workout", if you know what I mean.
the original has a slightly bit more danger in the air and leaves room for the interpretation if something just has happened!
again: this is a wonderful work and I am far from this mastery!!
best regards!
designgestalt

I understand, you would give more drama to the scene and this could be done by giving more contrast to the scene; while as regards the hand is perhaps that in the original poster is seen by closer while in my view is from farther away, because even my hand is pumped into the veins, and has the scars and the blood that suggest a battle in progress or occurred recently. Anyway thanks for the tips and the work that you enjoy. Thank's my friend!  ;)

TpwUK

That final image Bruce is excellent, well done to you!

Martin

Bruce27

Quote from: TpwUK on March 17, 2017, 02:54:36 AM
That final image Bruce is excellent, well done to you!

Martin
Thank you, Martin. ;)

Will Gibbons

This turned out better than I could imagine. Very nice.

Bruce27

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 17, 2017, 06:49:11 AM
This turned out better than I could imagine. Very nice.
Thanks Will, it's really a pleasure to know that someone appreciates your work and comments on them to improve them! This is the beauty of this community of Keyshot! :)