camera change in file processing messed up proportions

Started by zebra, March 15, 2017, 03:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zebra

Hello,

keyshot 6.2 pro 64bit floating  on win 7pro 64 Hp Z440 with everything good inside.

We're experiencing annoying changes of proportions on renders of the same scene, same camera, on the same computer while processing queue
it looks like when you re-size your window, before proportions are set up back to normal
it process the image with the messed up proportions.
it happends randomly on camera changes. trying on different computers makes it even more odd: all camera  are stretched on width and the render with them.
one identified vector of this bug is full screen on or off on main windows,
it changes as well the render dimensions from 2560X1544 to 2560X1551 on the example here (blurred for confidentiality)
with no other changes  than full screen on and of and with camera locked ... happend on orthographic and perspective camera

this is the most annoying bug so far, it messed up hours of work and that is one major point of a renderer if the output dimensions changes randomly, and the same camera won't provide you twice the same angle of view, it prevent us from doing our jobs...

any fixes would be welcome.

(i can't understand how the hell, the angle of a camera and the proportion of a render could be linked to the size of a window anyway.. please if there is any logic in it explain it to me I'm pretty mad right now)

zebra

hello again,

thanks to the support team, half of the probleme is solved on the 6.3.23
the proportion are back to normal but the models move inside the picture... and the resolution still changes when the preview windows changes proportion (fullscreen vs windowed vs toolbar on side or on dualscreen)

anyone a solution or tips?

(we are working on the same scene on 3 different computer, so it has to remain the same whatever the hardware config is...)

richardfunnell

Are you checking both Lock Aspect & Lock Resolution at all times?

The real-time aspect ratio is related to your camera position because that information is needed to calculate the Field of View or your viewing plane. Make sure that you are keeping them both the same from machine to machine.

zebra

thanks for the reply, it'll be a bit hard to enforce this setting for all coworkers but that seems to be a solution...
again i would've prefered that the aspect ratio once the camera locked would be automatically locked and linked to the camera, not to the realtime preview... i wouldn't lock any camera if i cared about the realtime window...

it's not possible due to different hardware and works habits, for everyone to use the same settings and windows.
and when transfering files we'd like to be sure that render wil stay the same, sadly that's appear not to be possible...

next update?

richardfunnell

Maybe some day, but probably not as soon as you'd like :/

Honestly your only real option is to enforce locking the ratio & aspect, which is 100% tied to how your camera works in KeyShot. If you do enforce this workflow internally, you won't have issues. If everyone continues to work differently, then you will continue to have issues. Otherwise there's no easy solution for this problem.