Very problem rendering jewelry

Started by DEVS, March 15, 2017, 06:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEVS

I can not fix this problem. I tried many settings but without success.

where am I doing wrong?

fario

Hello,

I think...

For image 1.
The problem is that you put your model half under the ground.

Antoine

fario

Your model lacks details, no rounding on your edges.

Please try to modify or choose your proper HDR environment.

Antoine

DEVS

Quote from: Antoine on March 15, 2017, 07:55:45 AM
Your model lacks details, no rounding on your edges.

Please try to modify or choose your proper HDR environment.

Antoine

Hi Antoine,
thanks for help.
I try to make some changes at the edges directly from rhinoceros.

DEVS

Hi Antoine,
I cannot fix it.
And now we have another problem: when i import the jewel in KeyShot i dont see the whole picture. What did i do wrong?

designgestalt

hello DEVS,
adding a chamfer around the top surface helped a lot ! you should do this to all edges, so they can catch some light, even if it is just a tiny radius. this would make your image much more realistic looking!
no real product ever will have as crisp a radius as a CAD program can provide.
as for the rest of your issues, you would need to share more information.
I dont quite understand what bothers you with all the arrows you added. with not knowing what you are after and what kind of lightning you use, it seems to me like normal reflections, where your ring reflects the environment.
I would also add some texture to your material, even if it is just a very slight grain or brushed texture. the sides of your ring from your last image is very blown out, it is even hard to read the shape of the ring.
as for the bottom of the ring: it seems there is still something overlapping ?!?
try "snap to ground" when importing the data or in the positioning window. if this does not help, check your model if you accidentially imported some additional data unintentionally.
what program do you model with?
what settings did you use importing the data.
you know, you can always re-import/ "Refresh" your data, when you have the impression the resolution was too low?
just hit "import", Keyshot will ask you if you want to overwrite your already imported data.
it seems to me at the moment, that there might be the problem, why some parts are missing, but again, with more information it is easier to make a valid statement.

so please provide some screengrabs from your different settings, it will make things easier!
best regards
designgestalt

DEVS

Quote from: designgestalt on March 16, 2017, 03:01:04 PM
hello DEVS,
adding a chamfer around the top surface helped a lot ! you should do this to all edges, so they can catch some light, even if it is just a tiny radius. this would make your image much more realistic looking!
no real product ever will have as crisp a radius as a CAD program can provide.
as for the rest of your issues, you would need to share more information.
I dont quite understand what bothers you with all the arrows you added. with not knowing what you are after and what kind of lightning you use, it seems to me like normal reflections, where your ring reflects the environment.
I would also add some texture to your material, even if it is just a very slight grain or brushed texture. the sides of your ring from your last image is very blown out, it is even hard to read the shape of the ring.
as for the bottom of the ring: it seems there is still something overlapping ?!?
try "snap to ground" when importing the data or in the positioning window. if this does not help, check your model if you accidentially imported some additional data unintentionally.
what program do you model with?
what settings did you use importing the data.
you know, you can always re-import/ "Refresh" your data, when you have the impression the resolution was too low?
just hit "import", Keyshot will ask you if you want to overwrite your already imported data.
it seems to me at the moment, that there might be the problem, why some parts are missing, but again, with more information it is easier to make a valid statement.

so please provide some screengrabs from your different settings, it will make things easier!
best regards
designgestalt

Very thanks for help!

I am arrived at a first solution.

Keyshot not recognize solids extrusion  made with Rhinoceros. I solved the problem, working only with the surfaces.
Now I try to change the ring edges to fix the lights.

DEVS

New image rendering.

HaroldL

Devs,
Your ring is looking better now the the crest emboss is complete. As has been mentioned, you need to put a radius on the edges of the finger hole.

DEVS

thank you all for the help. I managed to solve the problem using the FILLET command in Rhinoceros :-)