Keyshot Forum update - Inbox location

Started by theAVator, April 06, 2017, 06:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

Not KS related, but KS Forum related.

Unless I'm grossly missing something, it's a heck of a process to get to your PM Inbox.
I have to go into my profile page -> click on Modify Profile -> Click on Buddies/Ignore List -> Click on a buddy(if someone doesn't have a buddy IDK what they'd do) -> Click on Send PM -> Then I get the option under Messages to click on Inbox which then finally takes me to my inbox.

Seems like a lot of steps to get to something that should be an item in my profile either under Profile Info. Also under Actions, Send PM or View Buddy List should be listed there.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: theAVator on April 06, 2017, 06:27:07 AM
Not KS related, but KS Forum related.

Unless I'm grossly missing something, it's a heck of a process to get to your PM Inbox.
I have to go into my profile page -> click on Modify Profile -> Click on Buddies/Ignore List -> Click on a buddy(if someone doesn't have a buddy IDK what they'd do) -> Click on Send PM -> Then I get the option under Messages to click on Inbox which then finally takes me to my inbox.

Seems like a lot of steps to get to something that should be an item in my profile either under Profile Info. Also under Actions, Send PM or View Buddy List should be listed there.

You're not missing something (unless I am too, haha). Thanks for pointing this out.

theAVator

Just to tack on another forum suggestion:
The forum's search feature restricts searches to using words that are 2 characters or more, so a search of "Creo 4" yields an error because '4' isn't two or more characters. I'm guessing this could easily restrict a fairly large number of searches people have as anything using a single number couldn't be searched for.

It may be a hold out from forum upgrades/updates, but could probably help a fair number of people.