Vertical Rotation for Environments

Started by Oblotzky, April 07, 2017, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblotzky

Heyo!

I'm really sad that this feature does not exist, seems rather trivial to add. I wish to rotate my environment on the vertical axis. I've rotated my objects instead which results in perfect lighting, but since the ground plane is fixed in space, I can not rotate it with them, and I need it instead of a regular plane as it results in correct shading of elements close to the ground through ground shadows while being invisible to the camera. The environment I'm using comes with Keyshot so I cannot export it to edit in Photoshop due to being encrypted (.hdz file)

I would really appreciate this!

bdesign

Hey Oblotzky-

Check out my post here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13110.msg64819#msg64819 (reply #4) for a method to render .hdz files as a TIFF32, which you can then edit in Photoshop and re-save as an .hdr file to use in KeyShot.

Cheers,
Eric

Oblotzky

Quote from: bdesign on April 07, 2017, 03:49:27 PM
Hey Oblotzky-

Check out my post here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13110.msg64819#msg64819 (reply #4) for a method to render .hdz files as a TIFF32, which you can then edit in Photoshop and re-save as an .hdr file to use in KeyShot.

Cheers,
Eric

Sounds good, I'll try that out! Lucky for me I'd only have to do this once, but in general I think this feature should still be added :)

Thanks!

Edit: Worked lovely! You saved my weekend!  :)

Esben Oxholm

Hi Oblotzky.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you open up the HDRI-editor you have an option in the lower left corner to tilt the HDRI.
See attached.

Best,

Oblotzky

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 08, 2017, 12:31:15 AM
Hi Oblotzky.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you open up the HDRI-editor you have an option in the lower left corner to tilt the HDRI.
See attached.

Best,

Hey, well for once the HDRI editor is a Pro feature, I only have the HD verrsion. But also that's the roll axis, not the pitch axis I'm looking for :)

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Oblotzky on April 08, 2017, 07:54:31 AM
Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 08, 2017, 12:31:15 AM
Hi Oblotzky.

See attached.

Best,

Hey, well for once the HDRI editor is a Pro feature, I only have the HD verrsion. But also that's the roll axis, not the pitch axis I'm looking for :)

Ah, yeah, makes sense. Hope you manage to solve it by using the method by Eric above :)