How to copy your animation to a new scene set?

Started by designgestalt, April 17, 2017, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

hello everybody,
I have a set of products, that all share the same animation.
so I created a master file and imported all the other products as different scene sets.
I was assuming, that I could copy the master scene set and replace product number 1 with product number 2 and so on.
however, when copying the master scene set it does not copy all the animations I did in that scene set!
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a better way of doing this?
can I copy an animation from one scene set to another, just like I do with a model?
thanks very much in advance!!
cheers
designgestalt

mattjgerard

I am interested in this as well, as I would be looking to do this in the future.

Matt

designgestalt

INNEO_MWo

Hello Designgestalt (thumbs up for the nick!)

A quick test brought these results:
1. placed the cube in standard scene set
2. created the scene set "cube only"
3. activated standard scene set and created the animation to the group with the cube
4. pushed the group (cube with animation) to the scene set and got 2 cubes (one with and one without the animation)
5. activated the standard scene set
6. created the "cube and sphere" scene set
7. placed the sphere
8. copied the animation from standard scene set
9. paste the animation linked to the sphere (works even with value changes!)

So, you can copy/paste the animation to the different scene sets with different models/parts and it works.
(see details I the attached bip)

Cheers
Marco

designgestalt

hello Marco,
thank you very much for your answer and your compliment on my nick! :)

well, this is at least a partial success, or maybe I am still doing something wrong!
I have to combine different animations, so there is more than just one movement to the part!
at first, when I copied the scene set, it did not copy the turntable animation, for whatever reason.
Grouping parts and animation seemed to have solved this problem.
yet, when I copy a new part to the new scene set, I can copy one animation at a time to the new part.
I have 5 combined animations and 35 parts to animate. is there a way to copy more than one animation at a time to a new part, or do I have to do that one after the other?
still, your suggestion pointed me to the right direction!
thanks and cheers!
designgestalt

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: designgestalt on April 19, 2017, 03:36:05 AM
I can copy one animation at a time to the new part.
I have 5 combined animations and 35 parts to animate. is there a way to copy more than one animation at a time to a new part, or do I have to do that one after the other?

You can copy only one animation. But you can paste it (linked or unlinked) to multiple parts or (better) groups.
So you have to do it 5 times by every scene set.

Working with animation needs a structured workflow as mentioned in the blog post from Richard Funnell (Link)

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

designgestalt

hello Marco,
I was hoping for a bit more convenient solution (or shall I say, hoping that the fault was on my side ;)  ), but it did help a lot !!
I can live with coping the animation 5 times !

... and structure is the designers middle name !

thanks a lot for your help !!
cheers
designgestalt

INNEO_MWo

Hello designgestalt. (by the way - why did you choose a English/German nick?)

We all hope for KeyShot 7. 'Cause Luxion did a lot with scene sets and scene tree structure as mentioned here in different forum topics.

(hopefully it takes just a few weeks to the new version)

cheers
Marco