When can we get KeyShot 7?

Started by fa2020, April 30, 2017, 12:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fa2020

It's months that we heard about KeyShot 7 but it has not been happened yet.

TpwUK

mattjgerard

Can't imagine anytime before or even closely after RenderWorld in May.  They will most certainly promo KS7 and all the new features (which they already have a sneak peak vid for) but software companies rarely give solid release dates anymore, as the development of the apps is very unpredictable. So many companies have been PR burned by missing promised delivery dates, I understand the reluctance of stating a release date more than 30 days out. At that point its mostly cleaning up code, catching small bugs that can be fixed quickly, packaging and deploying to download servers and picking the final app icon:)

Software development has always blown my mind, I guess my brain just doesn't work that way. Getting apps to do what you want them to is an amazing feat from my point of view. Its amazing to think that while there are people that are coding the fundamental way light diffuses through a colored glass vs a colored plastic and deciding if the outcome looks right, while I'm trying to just figure out how to get a bump map to do what I want using a couple sliders :)

Speedster

QuoteGetting apps to do what you want them to is an amazing feat from my point of view.
What's always blown my mind is how in the heck do they get the model to throw shadows on a backplate???

As to release date, my mom used to say "You can't force a rose to open".  It will be released when the KS Team feels it's ready- that's always been their pattern. 

Bill G

HaroldL

TpwUK

Great video reply :) ... I remember those adds too

Martin

Will Gibbons

Amazing... lol. We will sell no KeyShots before it's time....