Maps from substance painter coming out incorrectly

Started by TheScarletPumperNickel, May 04, 2017, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheScarletPumperNickel

Hi all.

I'm new to Keyshot and I really like the program so far. I'm having a problem though when I try to import textures from substance painter. I've followed the instructions on the substance painter website https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Keyshot I've made the two advanced textures it says to make and connected the maps where they should go. But the metallic map just seems to make a small tiled version of the map. I've checked and I know I have it set to UV coordinates. The dialectric map seems to be coming out fine, just the metallic giving me problems. I've been searching for an answer for a few hours and haven't come up with an answer. Anyone come across this problem before? I've posted below what the model looks like in substance painter and versus what it looks like in keyshot. Thanks in advance for any help.

mattjgerard

Hey there and welcome to KS! I am a newish user as well, these forums are fantastic for answering questions just like this.

But not from me :)

I've heard of Substance PAinter, and have seen some amazing stuff come out of it. The only reason I am posting is to respectfully request that yourself or management provide you with the appropriate avatar for your account.

'ere ya be, for your convenience.

TheScarletPumperNickel

Haha! Thanks for the welcome. I usually struggle to think up screen names but that one just came to me. I hope someone knows a trick to fix this problem, I just can't quite seem to figure it out!

LayC42

I'm not a substance painter user. But I guess, change the map to UV map?!

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

TheScarletPumperNickel

Actually I just figured it out. With Substance painter you create two advanced materials, one for metallic and one of dialectric. You plug each map into both materials except for the metallic one which only get plugged into the metallic material. I found that if I disconnect the metallic map from the metallic material and connect it into the dialectric then back into the metallic, it somehow makes it work.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: TheScarletPumperNickel on May 06, 2017, 10:34:32 PM
Actually I just figured it out. With Substance painter you create two advanced materials, one for metallic and one of dialectric. You plug each map into both materials except for the metallic one which only get plugged into the metallic material. I found that if I disconnect the metallic map from the metallic material and connect it into the dialectric then back into the metallic, it somehow makes it work.

Interesting. Would you mind posting a screen shot of the material graph so I can see what you're describing?