Email settings in network render Master

Started by philw, May 06, 2017, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philw

I've never been able to get a successful test for any smtp host on any available port for the email settings in network render. I usually get a timeout/config message like the attached.

Master is on a 10.11.6 Mac running latest keyshot master/slave (although I've never been able to get this working on any version). I can successfully telnet to the smtp servers that I specifiy when testing so I know I can reach them. No firewalls or anything silly in the way.

Am I missing something?

Morten Kristensen

Hello philw,

This error is shown if the network socket is unable to complete the connection and handshake within 10 seconds. I've never had any problems with it myself so I'm curious to find out why it doesn't work for you. You probably can't post what you tried here but make sure that you can contact the host manually yourself from the same network, like trying with telnet or by other verbose means. If you establish that is working then it can be invalid credentials for authentication and/or invalid SSL handshake/certificate.

Check if the log files contain any warnings or critical errors that could give insight, too.

Something to test is using Gmail. Try also using an open SMTP without any credentials if possible.

Let me know how that goes.
Thanks