ProE - Hiding and showing parts with same names

Started by sdesaulles, February 07, 2011, 03:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdesaulles

Has anyone found a method that allows parts used in sub assemblies to be shown and hidden individually?

Say I have a part called 'bolt' that is used in several places in an assembly, or in a sub assy - when I import (using the older importers as opposed to the ProE plugin - otherwise the names get lost - and in fact it does a weird thing where in the scene 'tree' it silmply creates as many materials as there were different component names).

Now if I pick one of the bolts and pick 'hide component' KS hides every instance of the bolt, not just the one I picked. 

There are various cumbersome ways around this - making duplicates of the parts within the ProE assembly and giving each a unique name - but anyone who knows ProE will know that this can be pretty time consuming, and means that effectively you have to build a much more complex (in terms of distinct components) assembly just for render.

Has anyone found a way of 'tricking' the KS import into seeing distinct components instead of 'combining' identical names?

Thanks.

Stephen

JeffM

Version 2.2, which you can download in the "latest versions" section, addresses this.

It should give you all of your bolts separate but linked. You can then unlink individual ones if you want.