Can you save camera views?

Started by cmsbfent, February 08, 2011, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmsbfent

Hi

Still getting my head around keyshot and so far, I'm loving it. Very nice program coming from wildfire ARX. However, I cant work out how to save a camera view for use on another imported model.

To try and explain, what I would normally do with ARX is open a model that I have made previously, and then before applying materials, select a pre defined camera view that I have set up, that I use for all the renders. I do this simply because the customer wants to show their products at the same angle as they believe it looks more uniform and professional. Each to their own :)

However, when I save a camera view, it only saves that view in the active imported model, and doesnt seem to save it as a 'global' view that I can just select for use on other renders

If that makes sense. Is this possible?

Thanks

P.S - First post, hello Keyshot forum folks :D

JeffM

You will just need to save a project file (.bip) that has all of your custom cameras saved. Import new models into this project and use your cameras. When importing the models, leave the merge or add to scene option disabled.

Glad to hear you're enjoying KeyShot!

cmsbfent

Cheers JeffM

Makes perfect sense, I'll give it a try. Pretty much what I have to do on ARX come to think of it

Ooops :D