weird shadow on the ground

Started by josemlunab@gmail.com, May 18, 2017, 12:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josemlunab@gmail.com

Any idea as to how can i get rid off this nasty shadow??

See files attached!

it doesn't matter which material I use. I am using a thin solid plate with a partially transparent image astexture on it. Feel free to suggest better ways to do this.

mattjgerard

Depending on how your scene is set up and not seeing an overall view of your setup, that looks like to me that your ground plane is passing through there and ground shadows are turned on. I've had this happen with geometry that falls below 0 on the Y, and by default ground shadows are turned on.

Turn off ground shadows and see if that takes care of it.

josemlunab@gmail.com

Yes, it does, but I'd like to keep teh shadows from the rest of teh model.

The thing that puzzles me is that it only happens at one side, the right hand side of the pic seems fine.

Following your point on the model intersecting ground plane, i tried moving it further up so no interference exits, but i see no change, that nasty shadow still remains. The only thing that happens is that it moves with it. So i guess it has to do with the geometry. I will try to import that plate again...

Thanks for your help anyway, really appreciate it!

richardfunnell

Instead of glass, change that plane's material to emissive and disable "Visible in Shadows".

You're seeing the shadows as a result of your texture, so if you want to disable the shadow you'll have to modify the material type.

josemlunab@gmail.com

Hi Richard,

thanks for your answer

just tried what you suggest but not only does the shadow remain but also  the transparency is lost (see attachment).

keyshot hates me, that's probably it
:\

Regards

designgestalt

in this last picture you can see some geometry on one side (which is casting the shadows), but not on the other side!

josemlunab@gmail.com

Quote from: designgestalt on May 19, 2017, 01:41:24 AM
in this last picture you can see some geometry on one side (which is casting the shadows), but not on the other side!

True, I think I mentioned it earlier, something that really is giving me grief because all of it is symetric (the wing, the nose, the tyre the total pressure texture, even the lights are symmetric to get same shadows from both sides of the model). But somehow that still remains...

Thanks

richardfunnell

Hmm, that is strange. Can you share the scene?

File > Save Package..

josemlunab@gmail.com

Quote from: richardfunnell on May 19, 2017, 01:17:33 PM
Hmm, that is strange. Can you share the scene?

File > Save Package..

I tried  but it threw an error, too heavy! :(