Interior Render Experiment

Started by Xayzer, May 20, 2017, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xayzer

This is my first attempt at rendering an interior with Keyshot. However, since I have an old and slow computer, high-res, realistic interior renderings are out of my reach, so I have to go with a more stylized approach. Here I've overlaid the result from Keyshot with a snapshot of the model from Sketchup, then played around with it in Photoshop. Any feedback is appreciated :)

mattjgerard

That is a very valid, cool look! that's a great look for an architectural previz image.

Speedster

Stunning concept and execution!  Super clean!  I presume the linework is from SketchUp? I'm curious as to how you got such perfect alignment to the beauty shot?  Exciting stuff!
Bill G

Xayzer

mattjgerard, thank you!

Speedster, thank you, you're too kind :) The linework is indeed from Sketchup. The perfect alignment comes from using the Keyshot plugin for Sketchup, which exports the scenes (cameras) within the model 1:1 (something which doesn't happen when doing a regular import in Keyshot). Unfortunately, the plugin often crashes for me if there are textures in the model, and it's much too slow for larger files, so I just import the model regularly into Keyshot, then from Sketchup I just go to Extensions/Keyshot 6/Update Camera, which only sends the scenes to the open model in Keyshot.

Josh3D

Yeah, this is a great style. Reminds me of layering the toon material over a rendering for a more sketch-like appearance. Looks awesome!

Xayzer

Thank you very much, Josh! And you just gave me an idea - to experiment with the toon overlay!

Will Gibbons

Wow. I absolutely love this. Got that Miami Vice color palette! This is unique and attractive. Realistic enough but not trying too hard. I dig it.

DriesV

Bee-hue-tea-full.

Great semi-illustration style.

Dries

Xayzer