Some oddities in KeyShot vs: oldShot

Started by Speedster, March 16, 2010, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi Thomas;

I've noticed a few oddities in KeyShot, as compared to "oldShot".  Note- I have not yet installed the upgrade released last week due to time constraints, so these may be mute.

1)  The "Keyboard Shortcut Menu" is now a large, horizontal, fixed aspect window that cannot be resized smaller, so it's hard to position on the screen without occluding the important stuff, and the topics are in horizontal rows across the window.  In oldShot it was a long and narrow vertical window, easy to locate out of the way on the right or left.  I don't use the menu often, so I just noticed it, but I much prefer the "long and skinny".

2)  If you have a backplate, then want to get rid of it (key B), then go to Environment and uncheck 'Show Environment' (to just use a background color), the backplate reappears.  You have to hit key B again to get rid of it.  No biggie, but odd.

3)  The material icons do not appear to "reflect", or represent, the HDRI that's being used, like the later releases of oldShot did.  The colors are there, but they are difficult to discern in a rather dark, uniform lighting.  This may apply only to legacy materials, but does seem that way even with KeyShot materials.  ???

4)  Sometimes, when rotating the HDR, the lower half of the window goes black.  Only happens when using a backplate.  The only way to fix it is to apply another HDR Environment, the go back to the one you wanted or were using.  ???

Thanks!
Bill G

guest84672

Hi Bill,

@1. We made the change in the layout. I understand that it may not work for some.
@2. Yes - it is a bug. At least you can toggle your backplate on or off now.
@3. Open material library, right click, then select "Refresh Materials".
@4. I have seen this, but only when the environment is not an HDRI. Take a screenshot next time you see it.

Thomas