Moving HDRI Dome to match a scene?

Started by Jiri, May 27, 2017, 02:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiri

Hey guys, I am struggling with moving a dome beneath my model - As you can see in the screenshot I need to move the HDRI dome with road to the right so the car stays on the right side of the road. So far I haven't found any way to do so.  Rotation, Tilt, and Size sliders won't help. Any ideas?
I am also sharing the end result so far.
Thank you!
Jiri

Will Gibbons

Rotation won't do. I wouldn't recommend using an HDRI for the background (usually, this is what backplates are for). However, using the pan button should help out. If you click and hold center mouse button/scroll wheel, can you drag to the right to position the car off to the side? By rotating, your car is staying in the center of your dome. There's no way to move the dome, so your camera or the model itself needs to move. Move the camera to the left by doing what I suggested above. Alternatively, you can move the model to the right where you want it.

Jiri

Thank you Will, I am using backplate that was shot separately. Autodesk's VRED has the option to offset the dome that's why I was asking.
If I adjust the camera I will offset the perspective and it's also moving with the dome. I have my position set by placing a reference cube onto the backplate. But I dont want to place the camera onto the spot of the car for safety reasons so I am shooting from the side of the road.

DMerz III

In sort of a backward way, if you wanted to 'offset' the dome, you'd need to 'offset' your model within the dome. But what Will suggested is the proper method anyway. In my experience, trying to get lighting correct with a non-centered model presents some unnecessary difficulty