Export and import camera file

Started by Johnjoti, March 04, 2011, 03:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnjoti

Will there be a possibility in future updates, export and import camera file for a current scene?

guest84672

You can do this today. After setting up all the cameras for a certain scene, go to Edit and clear the entire geometry from the scene. Save the empty bip file.

You can import this empty bip file with the cameras into a different scene. Make sure that you check "import cameras" upon in the advanced tab upon import.

Johnjoti

Johnjoti

Quote from: Thomas Teger on March 04, 2011, 06:20:19 AM
You can do this today. After setting up all the cameras for a certain scene, go to Edit and clear the entire geometry from the scene. Save the empty bip file.

In the folder "bin" C:\Program Files\KeyShot2\bin
There is located startup.bip
I opened it, set up the camera settings, and saved the file
Now when I open a new project, every time is loaded file with my camera settings :)

Thanks

Johnjoti

This method works only for a new project :/
It is of interest and I continued to look into it ..
If you run the render of the Rhino, then opens a new project. But without user preferences for camera.
This new project is not associated with the startup.bip at the root directory
Please tell me, whether I can automate the camera settings when I run render from Rhino? In what a file laid the camera settings by default?

guest84672

This is true. We are working on a new plugin that will do that.

Johnjoti

Jeremy McManus

hi guys,

I would really like the ability to have different document/working area sizes as document templates.
80% of our images are portrait and 20% are landscape. Could you request this functionality or ask how it's possible
Flicking between portrait and landscape makes saving the cameras/focal length obsolete

has there been any update since 2011 on this topic?

Jeremy McManus

Alternatively is there a way to link the Camera with the working space resolution like Viewsets/scene sets?