Update to 2.2.45 - Grrrr

Started by azonicbruce, March 06, 2011, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azonicbruce

Ugh. Ok, typical of most updates. Some nice things get added but others get messed up:

I'm not sure what resolutions/monitors everyone else is running but I'm constantly running into this issue with other programs. I'm running a 27"  Dell U2711 monitor, which has a native resolution of 2560x1440. Even being a larger screen, the icon/fonts are SUPER tiny and hard to read, so I bump up the DPI text settings in Windows 7 to Medium (125%) Many programs aren't able to compensate for this and it ends up messing up fonts and icons and even mouse selection in many programs.

It seems to be the same case for KeyShot with this update.

Can we PLEASE fix this?

guest84672

I am running on a 2560 by 1600 30" Apple Cinema Display running Windows 7 and Mac OS X. I don't think that the icons are "super tiny". Can you send a screenshot?

azonicbruce

Ok, they're not literally super tiny, but at 100% dpi the icons and menus are very hard to read. Call me an old fogey, but I need to wear my computer glasses with this monitor, even with it set at the 125% size. 100% is almost unbearable.

100% dpi:

125% dpi:

Robert V.

A small question about the materials..... the material on the upper left of your screen (in the realtime view). Where can I find that metal rusted material? I had it once, but when I went to 2.2.44 the material was gone.

azonicbruce

Quote from: PredatorKS on March 07, 2011, 10:55:39 PM
A small question about the materials..... the material on the upper left of your screen (in the realtime view). Where can I find that metal rusted material? I had it once, but when I went to 2.2.44 the material was gone.

I didn't notice it until I upgraded to 2.2.45. Maybe the the upgrade will bring it back?