Need help with realistic bones material setup

Started by Vladimia, June 09, 2017, 07:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladimia

Hello
I need your help.
I don `t know how to set up bone material like here https://goo.gl/O0vJI1
I tried it, but it did not work out (my result is attached).
Help me please.

mattjgerard

Looks like the material itself is doing what it should be, it appears that its the lighting that is needing some tweaking. If you have the HDRI editor, a good tip will gibbons gave me was to start over with the HDRI and create one from scratch. gives you a better idea of what the light is doing and where it is coming from.

Also, for what its worth, the images on that website dont' look like realistic bones to me, real bones are much flatter and very little reflection. But, if you are trying to mimic the look, then you are off to a great stasrt.

Speedster

These materials might help you.  They need some bumped fissures and stuff, but may work as a base...
Bill G

Vladimia

Quote from: Speedster on June 09, 2017, 10:09:31 AM
These materials might help you.  They need some bumped fissures and stuff, but may work as a base...
Bill G
Thank you Bill.
But my main problem with bump setting up :(
I can not find and configure bump map like in sample.

Vladimia

mattjgerard

Can you share the project or screen shots of what's giving you trouble?

Are you asking how to create a bump map like the ones in the links? I think I'm just having trouble understanding what you are looking for. A lot of this stuff is trial and error.

What about your original image you posted do you not like? What needs to change? Bump maps can be created with procedural textures like the noise generators which are highly configurable, or they can use texture maps. There are a lot of places to source bump and normal maps that can be used, just have to try some out and figure out what they are doing to your image. I'm currently using a lot from poliigon.com, they are very high res and very detailed.

NM-92

Hey there ! For what i see, your bone is too white and too shiny ! I made an attempt just by using an advanced plastic material as a base and a bump from google images. I did apply a slight roughness value and a noise procedural to give some variation in color. I also used the same bump texture as a specular map to avoid the imperfections to reflect light. Here's my attempt and the texture used. Just play a bit by creating the material yourself and you'll achieve what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

Edit: I also think that the webpage you've provided doesn't look realistic at all. But if you want to mimic that, you can tweak the material i've explained to get a similar look.