New Lapotop

Started by Robb63, March 14, 2011, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

Didn't know if this should go in the benchmark section or not, but since I'm not sharing a benchmark rather it's a question I thought I'd post it here.
I'm currently using an Alienware Aurora desktop (about 45 frame per sec) and need a laptop. I'd like to get one of the new Macbook Pro's but their i7 chip is behind what I could get in some of the Dell/HP offerings. I know that sometimes the spec sheet doesn't tell the whole story with a Mac and some of the internal stuff might make it outrun a similar windows system.
Any idea how fast (frame rate) the new Macbook (17" loaded) might be?
If that isn't going to be very fast, any suggestions for a Win laptop that will run 45fps or faster and I can get it fairly quickly? I loaded up a Dell M6500 on their configurator and budget wise it's OK; I just can't get it until April.
Thanks in advance. Oh, budget is around 3K (slightly more if needed)

guest84672

I have the new 15" MBP with the quad-core i7 2.3Ghz chip. Frame rate is about 47FPS. It's awesome.

ToffLomo

I have a high spec Dell M6500 and it's a great machine, although it's performance running Keyshot is not as amazing as some folks seem to achieve - I'd trawl through the benchmark section if I was you!