Main Menu

Milk

Started by syrom, June 13, 2017, 08:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syrom

Just a little project on realism. No post.

guest84672

Impressive! Are you using the translucent material for milk?

syrom

Yes, its a simple setup. Just a nice hdri with a top skylight and tweaked translucent material with the right rgb for the color. No post work. I didnt follow the rule of 3 object to render fluid in glass. I am just using 2 pieces. The glass and the milk. So no top of milk piece. If you do fluid in containers renders, you will know what I mean.

richardfunnell

Man, that's a great shot!

syrom

thxs....... Cant wait to see what KS7 brings.

SebasDesign

I love this! can't help to notice that the background looks tilted  a tiny bit and the stuff on the table is not

syrom

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on June 13, 2017, 11:15:14 AM
I love this! can't help to notice that the background looks tilted  a tiny bit and the stuff on the table is not

Just so you know.  The only thing that's cgi is the glass, milk and straw. Everything else is just a photograph i got off google. Didn't bother to tilt it straight or anything.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: syrom on June 13, 2017, 11:47:39 AM
Just so you know.  The only thing that's cgi is the glass, milk and straw. Everything else is just a photograph i got off google. Didn't bother to tilt it straight or anything.

Ah! Good to share those details when you post! Thanks. I think the straw looks a bit too opaque. It should probably be desaturated a tad and lightened up. Nice job matching the image.

Hossein Alfideh

Looks really cool!I wonder who drinks milk with ice?!  :o
anyways,I really like how you match the glass with the backplate.good job! :)

keymanYYZ

Nice image. What about changing the camera perspective. I agree, that there is something tilty going on there. The bottom of the glass is where I'm seeing it.

LayC42

Great milk material! I tried this in KeyShot 6 a few month ago, but with less good results.

Is this a KS7 shot?

syrom

Thxs for the feedback everyone. I see the tilt you are speaking off... i moved on to other models though. Amd no.. not ks7. Im waiting like most. :]

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: syrom on June 20, 2017, 08:21:41 PM
Thxs for the feedback everyone. I see the tilt you are speaking off... i moved on to other models though. Amd no.. not ks7. Im waiting like most. :]

KeyShot 7 get some advantage in the translucent material. Is there a scene that I can put into 7 and post the results?

syrom

Mwo, ill post the scene so you guys can play with it.  :]

Ill do it when iget back to my station.

syrom

Quote from: MWo on June 24, 2017, 02:49:32 AM
Quote from: syrom on June 20, 2017, 08:21:41 PM

KeyShot 7 get some advantage in the translucent material. Is there a scene that I can put into 7 and post the results?

Here you go.... enjoy. Firm believer in sharing knowledge. I will leave it up for a few days since my drop box is always getting full and need the space.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eguj375xd5eq1f9/Milk-Syrom-.ksp?dl=0