Main Menu

Assembly Image

Started by jjeconomaki, March 15, 2011, 10:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjeconomaki

This image is from an assembly series (web only) for our non-powered table saw.  I was unable to get the real time gamma of 2.2 to work (per the orange still life webinar), this is at 1.2. Not sure I know why.

Looking to improve, but so far, KeyShot has been fun.

Also, does anybody have real time settings that are fairly foolproof? I am running at about 5 fps unfortunately.

-John

guest84672

Nice and clean, but I think your focal length is off. Way too high. If you use alt and mouse-wheel, you are changing the focal length.

Not sure what you mean by "can't get gamma to work"?

jjeconomaki

Thomas,

Will play with the focal length--you were right, I think it needs to be around 80 and it was set to 200.

Gamma works, I assumed, perhaps wrongly that it should have been closer to 2.2, but in the end, there is detail in the blacks and that is what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

-John

guest84672

2.2 is agressive for Gamma, 1.6-1.8 is quite enough I find.

jjeconomaki

Thomas, thanks for the focal length tip. Here are the corrected versions;

It would be helpful when applying a .jpg texture if there were some kind of outline of where it is in space so it can be scaled and positioned correctly. This was overly burdensome, unless of course I am missing something obvious...

-John

guest84672

Just click "position" and then click on the surface where it should be placed. You can then drag it interactively.