Add incriment button to image filename

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 15, 2011, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

Under Render options, Render Tab, File input box-

At the end of this box add a Plus sign button, or something like that, to automatically move to the next number.

As an example, i just rendered filename_02.27.tif
It finished, yay. Now I set up the next one and want to render it. Shoot, it gave me the warning because it didn't change the filename for me (also that might be a nice option as well on render complete).
I go back to change the filename, but instead of having to highlight just the 7 and change it to 8, I could just hit a button to increment to the next number.

It's a super basic thing and you wouldn't think anyone would care, but it's pretty nice.
3dsMax's save dialogue has it. Pretty handy.

guest84672

It does this already. The warning is an annoying bug.

andy.engelkemier

No it doesn't. I'm rendering 02.29.tif right now. When i'm finished it will still be 02.29.tif
I want it to be 02.30.tif, but sadly it doesn't do that.

btw, I'm using real-time render if that makes a difference. But it's definitely not doing it for me.
Also, if you cancel the rendering not because you didn't want it, but because it's "done enough" then you still might want the Next file.

guest84672

Looking at it right now in the latest internal build. Looks like it has been fixed. We will run more tests.