My first Shots - Fiat 147

Started by xcut0r, March 30, 2011, 11:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcut0r

Hi all,
bein testing this amazing software for 2 days, and I keep amazed with speed and quality achieved in so less time.

here they are some of my first tests:

credits:
Fabricio: http://fabriciofsousa.blogspot.com/

Hope you guys like it, as much as I do.

cumps
Tiago Saraiva | www.xdzn.tk

guest84672

A little dark - I suggest you increase the realtime gamma to a value between 1.8 - 2.2.

xcut0r

Quote from: Thomas Teger on March 30, 2011, 01:52:07 PM
A little dark - I suggest you increase the realtime gamma to a value between 1.8 - 2.2.

thanks for the suggestion,
going try it, and make a Higher resolution render of one of views.

JeffM

very cool model and nice texture work!

xcut0r

why with 1.8-2.2 gamma, colors look so bleached? :X

neilr

Checkout the webinars the latest one I think goes into some of that.....I have only watched two of them and they helped allot...

xcut0r

Quote from: neilr on March 30, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
Checkout the webinars the latest one I think goes into some of that.....I have only watched two of them and they helped allot...

thanks for the info, I will.

JeffM

Quote from: xcut0r on March 30, 2011, 03:47:05 PM
why with 1.8-2.2 gamma, colors look so bleached? :X

When you first make a scene with the gamma set to 1.2 then change the gamma to 2.2 the colors will look washed out.

It's best to adjust the gamma to this setting before making materials (we're planning to improve this workflow so that you won't need to think about it so much).

To make the colors look right, you'll need to darken and saturate the colors a bit. Textures are trickier, before loading them into KeyShot try applying a gamma correction to them in photoshop of .4545 (for KeyShot gamma 2.2) or .55 (for gamma 1.8).

The webinar I just did today actually covers this in some detail. I'll post it in the webinars thread soon.

xcut0r

Unfortenly I cudnt be here at webinar GMT time :( I was thinking it wd be at 10am GMT, and when I noticed it wud be at PDT time, it was very disappointing to me :/

hope to see it as fast as possible here on the forum :) but no rush, Ill try to figure out using the other webinars :)

meanwhile ill try to fix and post a new render :)

Richman

whale

xcut0r

Quote from: Richman on April 05, 2011, 10:54:09 PM
what HDRI did you use??

I've use more then one, I'm not at my laptop now, but I'll tell you later ! :)