Add Lighting to interior???

Started by neilr, March 31, 2011, 09:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilr

Hello VERY new to rendering and I need to add some light to an interior shot. The room has walls and a partial ceiling and I get enough light in most places, but I need to light up an area. Here is a the pic. Also I really need to decrease the gamma but that would make it even darker in the throne area. Any help would be great thanks.

trice1

A light bulb and reflector can be modeled and added to the scene off camera view and aimed where needed. Bulb and reflector material is 'emissive'. Pick the color desired. 'Visible to eye' and 'Visible in Reflections' ticked as needed. Think of it as if you were lighting a scene with real lights and aiming the light where you want. You won't see the effects much until you tick on detailed illumination in 'Realtime". Works for me.

rkulshrestha

Can we have the bip file please
shivani

trice1

rkulshrestha>... Were you talking to me or neilr?

rkulshrestha

Why cant this work inside an interior setup? Isnt there  a way to place it inside a room on the ceiling and have it throw a light on the floor?

Shivani

neilr

I had no luck with the light and reflector, it would light up the ground but it did not light up the interior...I ended up removing as much as I could that was not in the shot to get the lighting right..

trice1

I think this technique only works if you have a .hdz environment in use, not a .jpg backplate; if that is what your throne room is. Sorry. 'the more blind leading the blind'.

neilr

No it is all modeled no backplate, though I was thinking about turning the throne room into a back plate...

rkulshrestha

Thomas,

We really need lighting for interiors, and a plug in for sketchup. When does this appear in
KS. You are keeping a whole segment of your users in the dark. How do you expect us to model the interiors of anything if we cant see inside the model. Its pitch dark in there and I am cooking in the bath!

Shivani