Main Menu

Wooden car

Started by Matt Hanzly, June 22, 2017, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hanzly

After watching my daughter play with some of my old wooden cards, got inspired to work on this. Worked on a rough and clean version, not sure which one I like better. Added a yellow light behind the truck to hint back at the Tonka branding.

DMerz III

Very interesting mood! I feel like the truck wants to hurt me, but either way, a very beautiful example of the wood shader!

mattjgerard

reminds me of the toys sneaking out from underneath Sid's bed in the first toy story. Slightly creepy, but fun.

Josh3D

Yes. great mood indeed. Would make a great teaser image - makes me want to see the rest of it!

Matt Hanzly

Thanks for the feedback guys, going to continue playing around with some other shots, will post soon.

Matt Hanzly

Racing into that long weekend! Added a couple more cars to the fleet. Keep going back and forth between a clean or rough look on the trucks. Definitely keeping a rougher look on the racer. Also started to work on some possible packaging.  The last shot is WIP working on layout and need to push the flatbed and packaging further before turn all the lights on.

Matt Hanzly

Tanker

Matt Hanzly

WIP

Matt Hanzly

Work on the lighting and creating smoke in keyshot. For the lighting I first tried adjusting the lights to show just enough of the car to understand what it is. The smoke was more of an experiment to see how it would work. I used the cloudy plastic and an opacity map. The last one is just normal light without smoke, also added a backdrop.

Matt Hanzly

Racer

Will Gibbons

This might be helpful. If using the cloudy plastic material for fog/smoke, you'll want to decrease/increase cloudiness... I'm not sure an opacity map will have the effect you're after due to how that material works within KeyShot.

Matt Hanzly

Thanks Will, will try this. I had added a plane in front of the car and added the cloudy plastic to it and used an image of smoke as the opacity map to knock out the non smoke area of the plane. Only problem is this creates smoke with no depth, would need to model smoke or try numerous planes.

Quote from: Will Gibbons on September 06, 2017, 08:59:48 AM
This might be helpful. If using the cloudy plastic material for fog/smoke, you'll want to decrease/increase cloudiness... I'm not sure an opacity map will have the effect you're after due to how that material works within KeyShot.